Sunday, March 24, 2013

A long over due post


When I was transferring photos from my old phone to my new one, I came across some photos from my 2012 Sauder Village class and realized I never posted any pictures from the class. So I figured it was better late than never.

The class was called flower basket with a twist. In the class, I taught how to make "proddy like" flowers that are not proddied.
The wool is cut, rolled and sewn into flowers which are attached to the linen with needle and thread. Unlike proddy, these flowers can easily be made into pins.

During class, I showed several different examples of flowers including, bittersweet, pink cone flowers, sunflowers, bee balm, and black eyes Susan.

This was one of the class samples (the class favorite) sunflowers and bittersweet in a blue ball jar.

Works in progress.....



Love the flower in this one.....



I had a huge selection of wool to choose from so participants were able to personalize and select their own colors.

Don't you just love the amber colored ball jar of this rug?
This was another class sample for the students to hook.
Check out the awesome flowers that were made!

And this was the last class sample
Love what Heidi was doing with the pattern. She is very creative and I know she will find cool ways to use this technique to make items other than rugs.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope your day ia a creative one! Maria





4 comments:

Ann said...

I walked through your class - yep I was one of those gawkers! The dimensional petals was very interesting. Someday I'll be the student in your class rather than the intruder. ~Ann

Stacey Michaud said...

Hi there! I was looking at an old post with your studio and you showed a Formica that looks like stainless steel. Can you tell me which one it is? Thanks so much!

Maria said...

Stacey, It is formica product I believe or maybe Wilson Art. Maria

Maria said...

Ann,
I'll be there again this year. Stop by and say Hi! Maria