Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heart Inspiration Day 7

Todays rugs offer  a lesson in the use of neutrals.  The first two rugs are from the textile museum of Canada and are powerful examples of what can be hooked using very few colors of wool.   I love how this hooker took two simple shapes and made a great graphic rug.  The way the hooker played with the outlining of the flower shapes is terrific and really makes a statement as does the alternating strips of blue and white in the hearts. 
 I've been hooking a rug with a very similar background wool and have been struggling with what to do with the hearts in the background. I'll post a picture next week of my rug to show how this rug influenced the color palette of my new rug.   

hooked rug

Grey and Yellow are the hot colors right now and I love the colors in the rug below.  Cream, gray, yellow and black wools will definitely find its way into a rug of mine.  It's like the new neutral!

hooked rug

This next rug can be found on this blog: winterwillowprimitives-underthewillow.blogspot.com   This is a remake from an antique and like the rug yesterday, this rug demonstrates how powerful a two color palette can be.
Pinned Image

Thanks for stopping by, til tomorrow, Maria

3 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Maria ~
I am so enjoying your heart inspirations!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Kathy (woolfind) said...

All of them are just lovely. I look forward to your updates! Keep on sharing :)

WoolenSails said...

I have been enjoying the heart pieces, lots of wonderful rugs and heart items.

Debbie