Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Every so often I get the urge to play around with different mediums as I mentioned in my previous post. Lately, the desire to create art with little itty pieces of paper has intrigued me and I can't stop ripping paper. This is the fourth piece I've made and I wanted to share it with you. Originally, I had this little gal drawn (that I call "Sweet Bea") on linen and was going to hook her but I thought she would make a sweet little collage so the urge to play with paper won out.
Let me take you through the process. First, I painted Sweet Bee.
Next, I started covering the canvas with little itty pieces of paper starting with the background


Generally, I start with the background and move to the body and the rest of the design.


Here is a closeup of the collage....

Aren't all the different papers and textures neat?

Does anyone besides me like to play around with different mediums?
Before anyone asks, not to worry, I am still hooking rugs and "Sweet Bea" is being offered as a rug hooking pattern. Size is 10 x 18 and the pattern's cost is $32. 
I'm off to start painting her with wool. Thanks for stopping by, Maria

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun piece and I do like using doing different mediums in my pieces.

Debbie

Robin Leuschen said...

That is just sooo cool !! Love the Design !! Sweet Bea is so cute....and the paper art sounds like such fun, and the finished creation is beautiful !! Love it !

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Love it you did a great job on Sweet Bea and I bet the hooked one your working on will be just as SWEET!

Maria said...

thanks gals, it is fun to shake it up every once in a while. I have a few more in mind to play around with. One is a goat.....should be interesting. Maria

HomeSpunPrims said...

As I recall you told me once you can't draw! You are doing a great job on these fun art creations. Really cool medium. Hugs, Lori

Anonymous said...

Did you finish the sheep? I liked it very much "as is" but you said you were going to do something more. Can't wait to see Sweet Bea hooked.