Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm in the mood for winter!

You read that correctly. We are between fall and winter and it has been raining lately. When it rains it is dreary and the cold just seeps into you. You know what I mean? But when it snows.....it is so pretty and fresh! So bring on the snow!
This little mat was punched with that in mind. I was playing with my new Oxford Punch again and used 8.5 strips of wool this time. The more I fiddle with this punch hook....the more I like it. This mat is on the small side about 5 inches by 8 inches and was punched in less than two hours. Not bad eh?

On another note, I'm two posts away from my 100th post.....so stay tuned for a giveaway! Maria

6 comments:

Dag said...

the little guy is adorable!!

Susan said...

I find using a 6 cut and a #10 Oxford punch works best. I also think rug warp and linen punch easier than monks cloth. Try punching ornaments....they are super fast and finish using simple white glue. I enjoy hanging the ornaments on a tree branch hung above a window or in a corner.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Glad you are enjoying the oxford punch....it is addictive isn't it!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Maria ~
Very cute. I've had the Oxford for years and only took it out of the box once to look at it!
Happy Thanksgiving :)
Hugs!
Lauren

Kathy (woolfind) said...

sweet!!

Doris said...

Oh Maria, your snowman is so cute. I'm just amazed at the cute faces you come up with. Glad to hear you are giving needle punch a chance.