Monday, February 1, 2010

Standing Wool Circles

I've had many requests about how to make the rolled circles that are in my sheep rug. Ali Strebel of Kindred Spirits is the one that taught me how to do this and perusing her blog today I came across this blog entry. She explains in detailed instructions how to do it. Don't you just love how she used them in tassels along the bottom of the rug? She sells those great little felted balls. Check out her website. Thanks Ali for the tutorial! Also check out her new little wool charm in the February 1, 2010 post. Love it!
Ali Strebel: Standing Wool Circles

In this rug, I used the standing wool circles in the background of the rug just to add a little whimsy to the rug. Photobucket

Alice Frasier also has a blog entry about these rolled circles. Check out her blog here. A DAY IN THE LIFE ~ ~ ~ Have a great week, Maria

4 comments:

primitivebettys said...

That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing Maria :) I might have to give it a try!

WoolenSails said...

I saw that on the other blog, really neat technique, thanks for sharing.

Debbie

Teri said...

Thanks for the links. Only one word for the rug: "Awwww!"

iconrugs said...

It's very attractive. Good creativity! I think, babies can playing on this rug.
wool rugs