Friday, February 5, 2016

Paint program

Lately I have been using the Paint program (a free program that comes with most computers) to help me with my color choices for my rugs. When designing and color planning the challenge rug, I used the Paint program and played with the color design and finally decided on my palette. 
First, I transferred the design to the computer and added a few colors. 

I continued to add colors until I was happy with the overall color placement. 

Next, I chose the background color which was black to make all the colors pop. 
Next, I added some additional pops of color with the circles and decided I was happy with it and began hooking it. 
 

I have been using the paint program more frequently and have found it really helps me color plan my rugs. You can instantly see if you like the colors and if not erase them and try new colors. Oftentimes color planning is the most challenging part of hooking a rug. So the paint program has saved me several hours of frustration. 
Thanks for stopping by, Maria








7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

What a great idea I have not used that program before.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Wow, I haven't tried using the Paint program to help color plan in years. Guess I'll have to try again since I'm more computer savvy now and Paint has probably become more user friendly. I do use it to enlarge my designs, resize, etc. Thanks for the tutorial.

Gayle said...

VERY clever - I had no idea this could be done! Thanks for educating me!

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea
...thanks for sharing this info!

cara mengobati kista said...

so awesome. nice post

kathyinozarks said...

enjoyed seeing your process

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I must have a play with Paint on my PC. I have only ever used it for adding words and resizing my photos. Your rugs look lovely Maria.