Sunday, February 15, 2015

This is why you don't design a rug


When it is on your frame!

                      * * * * * * * *
                      
                      * * * * * * * *
Do you all see how uneven my side lamb  tongues are? Oh, it is maddening, no seriously, I have hooked those side tongues over and over again to get them even to no avail. I finally broke down and found a level to see just how bad it is. Repeat Maria "Never, never, never, try to design a border while the rug is being hooked and on your frame"!  Lol! I am just to impatient to take the rug off the frame and do it properly. 
              
                      * * * * * * * *

So can you see how bad it is? Let me give you a little visual.

                      * * * * * * * *

                      * * * * * * * *
The peach tongues are pretty whopper jawed! Pretty bad.


                      * * * * * * * *

Yep, that is from the top of the bottom blue tongue to the top of the matching blue tongue.  Oh it gets better!  Look again at the rug. Here is a reminder....

                      * * * * * * * *


                      * * * * * * * *

Did you catch it? I have 8 tongues on the left side and only 7 on the right side. Seriously Maria?  

                      * * * * * * * *

I am about ready to throw the proverbial towel in on this rug but I am determined to not let get it the best of me. So, I will continue to work on it (yes, with my level in hand) and complete this little devil of a rug! 

                      * * * * * * * *
This rug was fondly going to be called Kingwood tulip due to memories of going to Kingwood Gardens in Mansfield frequently as a kid but now I think I'll name it Terrible Tulip! Lol.   Stay tuned for the finished rug.....

                      * * * * * * * *

And just so you know, this wasn't just a one time occurrence. Take a look at this rug. 

                      * * * * * * * *


                      * * * * * * * *
Yep, did it again designing on the fly! See how even those circles are? Just lovely! One is round and one is square. Actually, this doesn't bother me nearly as much as the Terrible Tulip design. I prefer to think of this as charmingly naive!  (Don't worry to those of you purchasing this pattern, the circles will be even!)

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am the say way, mine always come out wonky so I state that on the pattern, that it is actually straight and the designs are no all over the place, lol.

Debbie

kelley said...

Very folky and prim looking Maria...

NMK said...

You just made it nice & primitive looking !!!

Saundra said...

Frankly I sorta like the off round of the one circle and makes it look more folky. And, I'm also too lazy or in a hurry to pull my pattern off the frame and draw lines while it is on the grippers...guilty as charged.

Frankly I didn't noticed the tongue difference until you pulled out the ruler.

marie said...

I didn't notice the tongue off kilter till you mentioned it. I think it gives the rug character. Things aren't suppose to be perfect in a primitive world.

basketnut said...

I just have to laugh about the circles...heck, I'd probably hook them lopsided!!! I love it either way!

ewespin said...

The small white tongue near the bottom on the left side is the extra one. If you take it out and then rehook the peach and aqua tongues to fill that space, it might just look pretty good! I like the rug. I would keep it.