Saturday, February 21, 2015

"The Gatherer"

Yes, this is another one of the rugs that I started last year and now have moved into the finished pile. Can you give a WooHoo! 

                    *  *  *  *  *  *  *

                    *  *  *  *  *  *  *

The closeup picture below gives you an idea of how many different colors of wool I use in my antique dark backgrounds. I have a big clear plastic bag full of dark worms and I just grab and hook. Not a lot of thought put into mixing the colors for the background except to always include lit bits of purple.  I just love adding purple to the background for that little spark of color.

                    *  *  *  *  *  *  *




                        *  *  *  *  *  *  *

This sweet little gather (do chicks gather, Lol?) is 7 x 10 and is available for $15 for the pattern plus $3.00 shipping. I can also make a small amount of kits for $25 plus shipping.  Thanks for stopping by, Maria 

                    *  *  *  *  *  *  *

5 comments:

Saundra said...

WOOHOO, good for you. Barb would be proud of the spark of purple in the background.

Maria said...

That's where my love of purple in a rug comes from Saundra! Funny how many hookers she has influenced!

Gayle said...

Antique black is my favorite background - I'll have to remember to add purple next time I do that.

Maria said...

Gayle, it is wonderful in an antique background as well as dark green.

primdollie said...

I love this! how do I go about getting a kit for this one?? i love the purple too in the background it's perfect! can email me and send paypal invoice to my email addy it should be part of my profile?? if not let me know! I follow you on facebook too. Primdollie Koch thnx so much!!