Wednesday, October 22, 2014

You guessed it

Another unfinished rug. As you can see,  all I have to do on this rug is hook the background and the crow.


You have to wonder why I set these rugs aside when they are so close to being finished. I think it is because the challenging part for me is color planning. Once I have the rug color planned, I'm ready for the next challenge all the while thinking "I'll finish the 'almost done rug' later in the week." Well let me tell you that does not happen. 

Part of the reason I designed this rug was to try my hand at hooking leaves. With all the worms I have it was easy to play with color in each of the leaves. I simply added a contrasting vein to the leaves and voila, a leave.


For the most part I'm happy with the leaves except for that purple one in the top left. That one will have to be reworked. The shape of the orange one of the top right also needs some attention.
As always, thanks for stopping by, Maria 








2 comments:

Saundra said...

Like your design, particularly love the shape of the beak on the crow. I think you get bored, like me, and anxious to move onto the next project. You'll be done soon.

Saundra

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I love al of your colorful leaves!!!
and your crow looks happy :)
L