Follow by Email

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Playing in the Dye Pots

Well that is not something I do very often! But I needed some purple wool.....yeah, Kelley, I said purple wool, so I had to dye some today as I have none. I'm rather pleased with the wonderful colors I achieved. One batch did turn out as planned. As you can see it is a little too blue but I'll still use it. Aljo and cushing dyes were in the dye pots. Now why do I need purple wool you ask? Well, think purple, orange, green and maybe some black.....hmmmm, nice colors for a fall rug! Yeah, I'm working on a huge Halloween rug that I hope will turn out really cool and very whimsical......I'll post some pics in progress.....or maybe I'll keep it a surprise til I'm done. Maria

7 comments:

TamboinMO said...

Maria,
Loving your departure into the whimsical colors! Can't wait to see what you hook with it!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

And I love seeing you post so often ~ you're on a roll, Miss Maria!!!

sandi said...

Maria - love seeing you back posting on your blog! Please don't wait until you've finished your new rug to post pics - fall colors are my favorite and so inspirational!! My See! sandi in texas

Wendy Walsh, www.simplefolk.com said...

Yum yum Maria!!

Deirdre said...

LOVE the colors!

primitivebettys said...

Great stash of colors! I can't wait to see your rug too. :)

Brenis said...

yummmm Maria!! Good purples are so easy to use! LOL .. Kelley even knows that :D So great to see you posting again -we've missed you! So glad you liked your charm! xoxo